Terms / Guidelines
pixiv Inc. (hereinafter "we", "us", "our"), being fully aware that private information is extremely important for the privacy of our members (hereinafter "users") who use "pixiv" (hereinafter "this service"), shall pay particular attention to the management of private information.
1 Private information
"Private information" is defined as a personal data, which includes name, aliress, birthday, age, gender, telephone number, family member names, email aliress, ID, IP aliress, place of work, professional affiliation, business aliress, work telephone number, credit card number, bank account, visited homepage info, complaints, consultations or inquiry info. And combining one or more data from those personal data can identify a specific person.
2 Purpose of use
We shall only use private information received for the following purposes:
- In order to provide this service.
- In order to charge users who use the paid service.
- As determining data for improvement of this service, aliitional of a new service or publication or delivery of advertisements considering users' age, gender and interests.
- In order to gather statistical data of users' usage (In case of making such data, data shall be modified in order not to identify an individual).
3 Use restrictions
We shall use private information received from users only for the required extent in order to achieve the purpose of use mentioned above, except in following cases:
- When complying to a regulation.
- When needed to protect a person's life, physical health or property, and when impossible to get the user's consent.
- When particularly needed for the improvement in public health or implementation of rearing children, and when impossible to get the user's consent.
- When needed to cooperate to national organizations, local public organizations or ones who received the commission in order to implement the missions ordered by decree, and getting the user's consent may interfere with the mission.
4 Acquisition of private information
- We obtain users' private information to the extent the users use this service.
- Other private information shall be obtained in an appropriate and fair manner. We shall not obtain information in any dishonest manners or against the users' will.
5 Acquisition notifications
We will inform or announce beforehand the purpose of use when we obtain private information of a user by means other than using this service. We also announce the change of the purpose of use on this service.
6 Management of private information
We shall appropriately control, manage and keep safe private information of users.
7 Commission of management
We may trustee private information received. In such case, we sign a necessary agreement with the fiduciary and direct that the fiduciary appropriately manage private information.
8 Offering private information to a third party
We shall not offer private information to a third party without agreement of a user; provided, however, that this shall not apply to the following cases:
- When we trustee a part of our services and provide necessary information in order to accomplish the commissioned business.
- When we disclose statistic data, which collects or analyzes individual private information with the aim of proving the statistical information. The data is not processed in order to identify the user.
- When we set aside private information of users who use the pay service to commissioned companies such as payment system companies, credit card companies or bank with the aim of charging the service fee.
- When we trustee the delivery to users.
- When required to disclose or offer information by law.
9 Disclosure of private information
We shall disclose private information to the user's request. However we may not disclose all or a part of information in the following cases:
- When this could harm life, physical health or property of the user.
- When the disclosure damages our business operation significantly.
- When doing so violates the law.
10 Correction of private information
When a user requests to correct or ali to his or her private information, we will verify identity and accuracy of the correction, then we will deal with the case in an appropriate manner.
We assume no responsibility whatsoever for the acquisition of private information by a third party in the following cases:
- When the user discloses private information through our service or other means.
- When one can be identified with information that a user enters on our service.