MLA is an idle auto battler. The game features a vast world and gorgeous graphics, and its high-quality voiceovers add to its charm even further. This time around the contest will revolve around an Island Party theme in two different groups. Take up your pencils and create magnificent illustrations featuring the Land of Dawn's heroes!
Create illustrations based on the themes for the group of your choice. Tag each artwork and post it to pixiv.
*The four characters in the figure are new skins of characters to be released in the future.
*You can also draw new skins to be released, and we encourage you to do so!
Period of event
Think of the heroes of MLA, and with whom, where, and how they would spend the holiday. Draw MLA summer hero fanart illustrations.
* Possible Themes: Beach Holiday, Fireworks Party, Dates, etc.
Draw an illustration featuring a hero available in the current version of the game in whatever style you like.
* If you want to draw an original skin for a hero, please post your artwork in this category.
Feel free to post more than 1 entry. (However, you cannot post the same work more than once)
There are no restrictions on the size of the artwork for web submission.
* When posting, please include the name of the character(s) in the description.
* Please note that winners will be required to submit the data for their work in the following format: A4 size (2894 x 4093 pixels), in a PSD file with the character separated from the background, and in RGB color mode. Both portrait and landscape artworks are accepted.
1 per category
Reward: 200,000 JPY (Approx. 1450 USD)
+ 50k MLA Diamonds
3 per category
Reward: 150,000 JPY (Approx. 1100 USD)
+ 30k MLA Diamonds
10 per category
Reward: 60,000 JPY (Approx. 440 USD)
+ 10k MLA Diamonds
Reward: 5k MLA Diamonds
* Any winning works may be published, printed as merchandise, used in-game, or in communities for MLA-related promotions, media, or sales. These works may be edited in post-processing for use. Furthermore, if a winning artwork is used in-game, the organizer or illustrators on behalf of the organizer may re-draw, edit, or otherwise do post-processing on the work. Therefore, the illustration used may differ from the original in terms of design, color, and structure.
* Participants outside of Japan are also welcome. If a winner outside of Japan is selected, it's possible for the prize money to be remitted to foreign bank accounts, but please note that the amount may be less than what's stated above due to remittance and handling fees.
* The prize money may be issued by an affiliate company in another region. So, the sum you receive may be subject to exchange rates and service fees and may differ from the winning prize.
* Your entry will be considered invalid if:
・It does not match the theme of the Contest.
・It does not have the Contest tag attached.
・The privacy level of your entry is set to “My pixiv only”, “Private”, or "URL restricted".
・It is a work created as a request by a third party (including commissioned artworks).
・It has been posted outside of the event period or it is a reposted work.
・Rules listed in “Contest Terms (1)” apply to your entry or entries.
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these Application Guidelines. (Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted)
* Underage contestants should obtain the consent of a guardian before entering.
○Judging Methods and Voting Campaign
The prize will be determined through a fair and impartial review of all submissions.
Each work will be judged on the following points. (Details are in the reference below)
Judged Characteristics: The work will be judged based on the styling of character(s) (Clothes, pose, etc.), originality, completion of work, expressiveness, and how it matches the game as reference material.
Gold Prize, Silver Prize, and Popularity Prize: 28 pieces will be selected. Through the game's official Twitter account, Facebook account (Chinese and English), cafe account (Korean), and Instagram account a poll will be conducted. Using the results as reference, the game company will select the works to receive a 1st prize, 2nd prize, and popularity prize.
Creation Prize: The Organizer will give an award of excellence to a work that was not included in the voting.
* There is no limit to the number of submissions. However, please understand that you cannot win more than once.
○How to Participate
Draw one or more artworks according to each category's theme, tag them appropriately, and post them to pixiv.
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them before submitting your works.
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, falls into the statements below, it will be considered invalid. Furthermore, if a work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner, it will be disqualified.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of the Organizer, pixiv Inc., pixiv users, and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Works that are unsuitable for public display will have the Organizer decide if it qualifies for the contest or not.
・Any works based on existing work/goods, works/goods scheduled to be released, works/goods that have already been submitted for/won other contests.
・Works that miss/break a rule or miss a requirement.
・Works that the Organizer finds otherwise disagreeable.
(2) Contestants own all rights to their artwork/creations. However, the Organizer will claim the rights for all winning works.
(3) Winners will not exercise “author’s personal rights” against the Organizer, pixiv Inc. as well as pixiv Inc. related parties.
(4) Contestants will not be informed directly when the selection results are announced. The winners will be announced on websites and official social network accounts managed by the Organizer and pixiv. Winners may have their entries and pixiv nicknames posted to the Organizer’s website and both the Organizer's and pixiv's official social network accounts.
(5) Contestants, regardless of if they win or not, may have their entries, comments about their entries, and pixiv nicknames (either in their entirety or partially), posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, the Organizer's website, Twitte, Facebook, cafe Instagram official accounts displayed at exhibitions, and published in magazines or books. The work may be adapted or edited.
(6) Contestants who remove their entries during the contest will forfeit the contest and their work will no longer be accepted as an entry.
(7) The Organizer will not be responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(9) Winners may be contacted separately regarding the selection and the procedure to receive their prize. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after being contacted, they may not be able to receive prizes.
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) The Organizer will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other individuals, regardless of the reason.
(3) The Organizer and pixiv Inc. reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Contest if they deem it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) The Organizer will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including but not limited to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) Determined by the true terms and conditions including the disclaimers, the Organizer will be not responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity.
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your e-mail address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About MLA Island Party" before submitting your inquiry.
(3) Replies will not be given to any phone calls regarding support issues.
(4) Replies will not be given to any questions regarding the Contest results.
○Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Organizer and the contestants.