Please pick a still scene from one of Studio Chizu's 6 works, redraw it in your own style, attach the contest's theme (スタジオ地図10thリドロー), and then post it to pixiv.
Available stills from:
"The Girl Who Leapt Through Time", "Summer Wars", "Wolf Children", "The Boy and the Beast", and "Mirai"
* The still for "BELLE" will be added after July 16th.
Period of event
Feel free to post more than 1 entry (illustrations/manga/ugoira). However, you cannot post the same work more than once.
There are no restrictions on the size of the artwork for web submission.
A limited-edition poster unavailable in stores, signed by Hosoda Mamoru
Award of Excellence
Studio Chizu merchandise
* All winning works may be used on social media, in publications, on promotional goods, and within the game worldwide in the form of promotional materials, media, and goods for sale for the Studio Chizu 10th Anniversary. It's possible that the works may be altered to fit such purposes.
* All contest-related contact, including informing the winners and requesting the works' data, will be done via pixiv Messages.
(Please note that if you do not respond within a certain timeframe, you will not be able to receive your prize)
* Participants outside of Japan are also welcome. If a winner outside of Japan is selected, it's possible for their prize to be sent outside of Japan, but please note that things like shipping time and potential loss during shipping are out of the Organizer's control and cannot be guaranteed.
* Your entry will be considered invalid if:
・It does not match the theme of the Contest.
・It does not have the Contest tag attached.
・The privacy level of your entry is set to “My pixiv only”, “Private”, or "URL restricted".
・It is a work created as a request by a third party (including commissioned artworks).
・It has been posted after the event ended or it is a reposted work.
・Rules listed in “Contest Terms (1)” apply to your entry or entries.
○ Who Can Participate
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these Application Guidelines. (Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted)
* Underage contestants should obtain the consent of a guardian before entering.○ Selection Process
Entries will go through a rigorous judging process conducted by the staff at Studio Chizu before winners are decided."○ How to Participate
Draw works (illustrations/manga/ugoira) according to the theme, tag them appropriately, and post them to pixiv.○ Contest Terms
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them before submitting your works.
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, falls into the statements below, it will be considered invalid and it may have the contest tag removed. Furthermore, if a work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner, it will be disqualified without notice.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of the Organizer, pixiv Inc., pixiv users, and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Works based on existing work/goods, works/goods scheduled to be released, works/goods that have already been submitted for/won other contests.
・Works that miss/break a rule or miss a requirement.
・Works that the Organizer finds disagreeable with adequate reason.
(2) Contestants retain all rights to their artwork/creations (in this case, only the new portions added by the creator and exempting the copyrighted portion from the original work). However, the copyrights of winning works that may be used by this Company will also be owned by the Organizer, as the content belongs to that creator.
(3) Winners will not exercise “author’s personal rights” against the Organizer, pixiv Inc. as well as pixiv Inc.-related parties.
(4) Contestants will not be informed directly when the selection results are announced. The results of the Contest may be announced on the official websites for pixiv and Studio Chizu (https://studiochizu.jp/
), as well as their respective social media accounts. Winners may have their entries and pixiv nicknames posted to pixiv's official Twitter, Facebook, and other official social network accounts, as well as on the official site for Studio Chizu, its official Twitter, etc.
(5) Contestants, regardless if they win or not, may have their entries, comments about their entries, and pixiv nicknames (either in their entirety or partially), posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, websites managed by Organizer, displayed at exhibitions, and published in magazines or books. The work may be adapted or edited.
(6) Contestants who remove their entries during the contest will forfeit the contest and their work will no longer be accepted as an entry.
(7) The Organizer will not be responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(9) Winners may be contacted separately regarding the selection and the procedure to receive their prize. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after being contacted, they may not be able to receive prizes.○ Disclaimers
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) The Organizer will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other individuals, regardless of the reason.
(3) The Organizer and pixiv Inc. reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Contest if they deem it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) The Organizer will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including but not limited to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) Determined by the true terms and conditions including the disclaimers, the Organizer will be not responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity.○ Contest Related Inquiries
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your e-mail address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About the Studio Chizu 10th Anniversary Redraw Contest" before submitting your inquiry.
(3) Replies will not be given to any phone calls regarding support issues.
(4) Replies will not be given to any questions regarding the Contest results. ○ Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Organizer and the contestants.