1. Eligible Participants
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have agreed to the Application Guidelines (Businesses and multiple applicant entries cannot participate.)2. Selection Process
Contest entries will first be judged by contest representatives and the final judgement will be done by the author, Gosho Aoyama, to determine winning entries. The results will be announced at the Sunday Festival (サンデー文化祭). Winners may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest published to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, other social media accounts, and other mediums, as well as to the official website and accounts of the Detective Conan movie. Contestants, regardless if they win or not, consent to their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest, being posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, displayed at exhibitions, and/or printed in magazines or books. pixiv may adapt or minorly edit the work and contestants consent to this as well.
Contests will not be individually contacted about the selection results.3. Disqualifications
(1) If your entry falls into the statements below, it will not be considered valid. Additionally, the Company reserves the right to disqualify a work if the work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner.
・Works without the contest tag attached.
・Works posted as ”Private" or "My pixiv only".
・Works posted outside of the contest period or posted multiple times.
・Works that are already commercially released or are scheduled to be.
・Works that have already been posted for another contest or to another medium (including the web).
・Works that have already won prizes in another contest, or have been published on another medium (including the internet)
・Works that were not created by the contestant on their own.
・Works that were posted once and then deleted.
(2) The Company reserves the right to delete the contest tag from any work at any time (including pen names and captions) in the following circumstances.
・The work is unrelated to the contest theme.
・Excessive spamming of posts.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of pixiv Inc and/or Shogakukan Inc, other pixiv users and third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works determined by Shogakukan Inc to not be suitable for public display.
・Works that are otherwise determined to be unsuitable by either Shogakukan Inc, pixiv Inc, or both companies. 4. Contest Terms
Your submission, posted if you're eligible as described in "Eligible Participants", will serve as your acceptance of the contest terms. Please be sure to read through all of the Application Guidelines before submitting your entry.
(1) Contestants retain all rights to their artwork/creations. However, the copyrights of winning works will also be granted to Shogakukan Inc (as detailed in Articles 27 and 28 of the Japanese Copyright Act), since they own the original work.
(2) Winners will not exercise “author’s personal rights” against Shogakukan Inc. or parties related to them.
(3) Contestants will not be informed directly when the selection results are announced. However, the results of the contest will be announced on official sites and publications managed by pixiv. Winners may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest published to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, other social media accounts, and other media and publications.
(4) Shogakukan Inc. is not responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) Shogakukan Inc. will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen regarding contestants' submissions, the selection process, and/or between contestants and third parties, regardless of the reason
(3) pixiv Inc. reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest in case pixiv Inc. deems it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance, without notice.
(4) Shogakukan Inc. will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including, but not limited, to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) Shogakukan Inc. will not be responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence cause during the contest period, regardless of immunity, as determined by the Application Guidelines and disclaimers.6. Contest-Related Support Issues
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your email address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About the Conan Movie Illustration Contest" before submitting your support request.
(3) Inquiries made by phone will not receive a response.
(4) Replies will not be given to questions regarding the selection results.Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Company and the contestants.