○ Eligible Participants
・Students between their 3rd year of middle school (approx. 9th grade or Year 10) and their final year of high school (incl. four-year high schools) on February 5th, 2021 and who are currently living in Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Mainland China, South Korea, or Taiwan.
Or otherwise individuals born between January 1st, 2002 and December 31st, 2006.
* Individuals between the above ages can enter even if they aren't currently enrolled in middle or high school.
* Participants may be asked to prove their location or age by providing a government ID or student ID.
* Underage contestants must obtain consent from a guardian before entering.
* It's possible for prize money to be sent to an overseas account for foreign-based participants, but the received amount may be different due to international handling fees.
* This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to the Application Guidelines. Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted.○ Selection Process
Entries will go through a rigorous judging process before winners are decided.○ Contest Terms
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them before submitting your work(s).
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, falls into the statements below, your work will not be evaluated. Furthermore, if a work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner, it will be considered invalid.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of pixiv Inc, pixiv users, and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Works that are unsuitable for public display will have pixiv Inc. decide if it qualifies for the contest or not.
・Works that are already commercially released or are scheduled to be, as well as any works that have already been posted for another contest and/or won prizes in another contest.
・Works that miss/break a rule or miss a required part will also be considered invalid entries.
・Works that pixiv Inc. finds disagreeable with adequate reason may also be considered invalid entries.
(2) Contestants own all rights to their artwork/creations. However, pixiv Inc. will claim the rights for all winning works.
(3) Winners will not exercise “author’s personal rights” against pixiv Inc. as well as pixiv Inc. related parties.
(4) Contestants will not be informed when the selection results are announced. However, the winners will be announced on pixiv's official websites and media. Winners may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts managed by pixiv, or printed on pixiv publications.
(5) Contestants, regardless if they win or not, may have their entries, comments on their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, displayed at exhibitions, and other magazines or books. pixiv may adapt or minorly edit the work.
(6) Contestants who delete their entries during the contest will forfeit the contest and their work will no longer be accepted as an entry.
(7) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(9) Winners may be contacted separately regarding the selection and the procedure to receive the Award. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after pixiv contacts them, they may not be able to receive prizes.○ Disclaimers
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other users, regardless of the reason.
(3) pixiv Inc. reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest in case pixiv Inc. deems it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) pixiv Inc. will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including but not limited to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) Determined by the true terms and conditions including the disclaimers, pixiv Inc. will be not responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity.○ Contest Related Support Issues
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your email address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About the East Asian High Schooler Illustration Contest 2021" before submitting your support request.
(3) Replies will not be given to any phone calls regarding support issues.
(4) Replies will not be given to any questions regarding the contest results.○ Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between pixiv Inc. and the contestants.