○ Eligible Participants
・This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
* Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted.
・You must be enrolled in a high school or equivalent at the time of submission, or be between the ages of 15 and 18.
* Underage contestants should obtain parental consent before entering.
* You may be asked to submit your ID or student ID for age verification.
* This contest is also open to those residing outside of Japan.
The prize money can be transferred to an overseas account. However, the prize money that the winner receives may differ from the amount listed above due to remittance fees.○ Selection Process
Entries will go through a rigorous judging process before winners are decided.○ How to Participate
You must upload the illustration to pixiv and attach the proper contest tag to enter.
Tag: pixiv高校生イラコン2020○ Contest Terms
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them before submitting your works.
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, falls into the statements below, you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if a work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner, it will be considered invalid.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of pixiv Inc, pixiv users, and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Works that are unsuitable for public display will have pixiv Inc. decide if it qualifies for the contest or not.
・Any works based on existing work/goods, works/goods scheduled to be released, works/goods that have already been submitted for other contests, or works/goods that have already won other contests.
・Works that miss/break a rule or miss a required part will also be considered invalid entries.
・Works that pixiv Inc. finds disagreeable with adequate reason may also be considered invalid entries.
(2) Contestants own all right to their artwork/creations. However, pixiv Inc. will claim property over the winning artworks.
(3) Winners will not exercise “author’s personal rights” against pixiv Inc. as well as pixiv Inc. related parties.
(4) Contestants will not be informed when the selection results are announced. The winners will be announced on pixiv's official websites and media. Winners may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts.
(5) Contestants, regardless if they win or not, may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, displayed at exhibitions, and other magazines or books. pixiv may adapt or minorly edit the work.
(6) Contestants who remove their entries during the contest will forfeit the contest and their work will no longer be accepted as an entry.
(7) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(9) Winners may be contacted separately regarding the selection and the procedure to receive the Award. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after pixiv contacts them, they may not be able to receive prizes.
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other users, regardless of the reason.
(3) pixiv Inc. reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest in case pixiv Inc. deems it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) pixiv Inc. will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including but not limited to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) Determined by the true terms and conditions including the disclaimers, pixiv Inc. will be not responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity.
○ Contest Related Support Issues
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your email address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About pixiv's High Schoolers Illustration Contest 2020" before submitting your support request.
(3) Replies will not be given to any phone calls regarding support issues.
(4) Replies will not be given to any questions regarding the contest results.
○ Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between pixiv Inc. and the contestants.