○ Who Can Participate
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these Application Guidelines. (Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted)
* Underage contestants should obtain the consent of a guardian before entering.
○ Selection Process
Entries will go through a rigorous judging process before winners are decided.
○ How to Participate
Draw works (illustrations/manga) according to each category's theme, tag them appropriately, and post them to pixiv.
○ Contest Terms
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them before submitting your works.
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, falls into the statements below, it will be considered invalid. Furthermore, if a work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner, it will be disqualified.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of the Organizer, pixiv Inc., pixiv users, and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Works that are unsuitable for public display will have the Organizer decide if it qualifies for the Contest or not.
・Any works based on existing work/goods, works/goods scheduled to be released, works/goods that have already been submitted for/won other contests.
・Works that miss/break a rule or miss a requirement.
・Works that the Organizer finds disagreeable with adequate reason.
(2) Contestants own all rights to their artwork/creations. However, the rights for the works that win the First Prize, the Gold Medal Award, and the Silver Medal Award will have their rights transferred to the Organizer. Additionally, contestants that win the Popularity Award consent to their works being used by the Organizer (including the sublicense) without compensation, for display at exhibits, published in a compilation book, etc.
(3) Winners will not exercise “author’s personal rights” against the Organizer, pixiv Inc. as well as pixiv Inc. related parties.
(4) Contestants will not be informed directly when the selection results are announced. The winners will be announced on websites and official social network accounts managed by the Organizer and pixiv. Winners may have their entries and pixiv nicknames posted to the Organizer’s website and both the Organizer's and pixiv's official social network accounts.
(5) Contestants, regardless if they win or not, may have their entries, comments about their entries, and pixiv nicknames (either in their entirety or partially), posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, the Organizer's website, displayed at exhibitions, and published in magazines or books. The work may be adapted or edited.
(6) Contestants who remove their entries during the contest will forfeit the contest and their work will no longer be accepted as an entry.
(7) The Organizer will not be responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(9) Winners may be contacted separately regarding the selection and the procedure to receive their prize. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after being contacted, they may not be able to receive prizes.
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) The Organizer will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other individuals, regardless of the reason.
(3) The Organizer and pixiv Inc. reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Contest if they deem it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) The Organizer will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including but not limited to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) Determined by the true terms and conditions including the disclaimers, the Organizer will be not responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity.
○ Contest Related Inquiries
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your e-mail address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About the Identity V 3rd Anniversary Illustration Contest" before submitting your inquiry.
(3) Replies will not be given to any phone calls regarding support issues.
(4) Replies will not be given to any questions regarding the Contest results.
○ Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Organizer and the contestants.