Choose one among the list of titles participating in this contest, imagine a story based on that title, and draw the cover image for that light novel. Please make sure to include a girl in your illustration.
* Any illustration genre (fantasy, science fiction, period, etc.) is welcome.
* Backgrounds are allowed but not necessary.
* Feel free to create a logo for the title of the light novel and include it in the illustration.
List of titles:
"Space Whales Dream of Love and Youth."
"Anyone Needs a Hero? Yes Sir! I'll Send One Right Over!"
"The Delusion of Heaven and Earth"
"Skywolf of the Dawn"
"In Search of the Fifth Season"
"Romeo and Juliet"
* All titles in this list are fictitious and were created for the sake of this contest.
Period of event
Number of entries: there are no restrictions on the number of artworks an applicant can submit. However, please do not submit multiple postings of the same artwork.
Size for web submission: vertical A4 size (2,894 x 4,093 pixels)
* Winners are required to submit the data of their artworks in PSD format, 350dpi, long side 3,000 pixels or more, RGB or CMYK color mode.
Limited number of winners
Prize: 300,000 JPY
Award of Excellence
Limited number of winners
Prize: 150,000 JPY
Limited number of winners
Prize: 50,000 JPY
* Your entry may be disqualified if:
・It does not match the theme of the contest.
・It does not have the contest tag attached.
・The privacy level of your entry is set to “My pixiv” or “Private”.
・It is a repost of a previous illustration or is not submitted within the time frame of the contest.
・Rules listed in “Contest Terms” apply to your entry or entries.
○ Selection Process
Entries will go through a rigorous judging process before winners are decided.○ Participation Method
You must upload the illustrations to pixiv and attach the proper contest tag to enter.
Tag: キネノベ大賞１○ Contest Terms
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them before submitting your entry.
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, the caption, etc. falls into the statements below, the contest tag will be removed and you will be disqualified from the selection process.
・Works that have no relation to the theme of the contest.
・Excessive post flood.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of the Company, pixiv Inc, pixiv users and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that the Company deems unsuitable for public display.
・Works that the Company finds disagreeable with adequate reason may also be disqualified.
(2) Contestants own all right to their artwork/creations. However, if a winning work is chosen to be used by Visual Arts, the rights and ownership will be transferred to Visual Arts at the time of victory.
(3) Winners will not exercise “author’s personal rights” against the Company as well as the Company’s related parties.
(4) Contestants will not be informed when the selection results are announced. All results will be announced on pixiv’s and Visual Arts’s official websites and social media (Twitter, Instagram). Winners’ works and pixiv nicknames may be announced on pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts as well as published on the program's official websites, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts.
(5) Contestants, regardless if they win or not, may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest, posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts as well as published in the Company’s sites, other magazines or books, and displayed at exhibitions. Works may be adapted or edited.
(6) Contestants who remove their entries during the contest will forfeit the contest and their work will no longer be accepted as an entry.
(7) The Company (Visual Arts) will not be responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(9) Winners may be contacted separately regarding the selection and the procedure to receive the Award. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after pixiv contacts them, they may not be able to receive prizes.○ Disclaimer
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) The Company (Visual Arts) will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other users, regardless of the reason.
(3) The Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest in case pixiv Inc. deems it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) The Company (Visual Arts) will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including but not limited to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) Determined by the true terms and conditions including the disclaimers, the Company will be not responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity.○ Contest Related Support Issues
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to use the inquiry form for this contest ( https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclmYV9fxRG_-koMN-zYhkVs9vV5pfxrQ0YOSnkAfgYrt_64w/viewform
). The staff from Visual Arts will answer your questions.
(2) Replies will not be given to any phone calls regarding support issues.
(3) Replies will not be given to any questions regarding the contest results.○ Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Company and the contestants.