Draw illustrations based each category's theme, tag them accordingly for that theme, and post them to pixiv.
Period of event
Fan Art category
Use the characters who appear in ISEKAI: Demon Waifu as a theme to draw your work(s).
School Outfits category
Using "school" as a theme, design a new outfit for a character appearing in ISEKAI: Demon Waifu.
○ Entry Requirements
Feel free to post more than 1 entry. (However, you cannot post the same work more than once.)
There are no restrictions on the size of the artwork for web submission.
* However, please note that winners will be required to submit the data for their work in the following formats:
・Fan Art category winners
Winners will be asked to submit their work data as: 3160 (w) x 1920 pixels (h), a PSD file with the character(s) and the background on separate layers, and in RGB color mode.
・School Outfit category winners
Winners will be asked to submit their work data as: A4 size (2894 (w) × 4093 pixels (h)), a PSD file with the character(s) and the background on separate layers, and in RGB color mode.
1 winner per category
Prize: 200,000 JPY (approx. 2000 USD)
Award of Excellence
2 winners per category
Prize: 100,000 JPY (approx. 1000 USD)
5 winners per category
Prize: 20,000 JPY (approx. 200 USD)
* Your entry will be considered invalid if:
・It does not match the theme of the Contest.
・It does not have the Contest tag attached.
・The privacy level of your entry is set to “My pixiv only”, “Private”, or ""URL restricted"".
・It is a work created as a request by a third party (including commissioned artworks).
・It has been posted after the event ended or it is a reposted work.
・Rules listed in “Contest Terms (1)” apply to your entry or entries.
* Winning works may be used for game start-up pages, title pages, in-game loading pages, and other in-game displays. They may also be used for exhibitions at real events, the printing of goods, and on official websites to be used for promotion, media, sales, etc. Works may be cropped and edited to fit these purposes.
* Participants outside of Japan are also welcome. If a winner outside of Japan is selected, it's possible for the prize money to be remitted to foreign bank accounts, but please note that the amount may be less than what's stated above due to taxes, remittance, and handling fees.
* The contest period is based on Japan Standard Time (JST).
○ Who Can Participate
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these Application Guidelines. (Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted)
* Underage contestants should obtain the consent of a guardian before entering.
○ Selection Process
Entries will go through a rigorous judging process before winners are decided.
○ How to Participate
Draw artwork according to that category's theme, tag it accordingly, and post it onto pixiv.
○ Contest Terms
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them before submitting your works.
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, falls into the statements below, it will be considered invalid. Furthermore, if a work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner, it will be disqualified.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of the Organizer, pixiv Inc., pixiv users, and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Works that are unsuitable for public display will have the Organizer decide if it qualifies for the Contest or not.
・Any works based on existing work/goods, works/goods scheduled to be released, works/goods that have already been submitted for/won other contests.
・Works that miss/break a rule or miss a requirement.
・Works that the Organizer finds disagreeable with adequate reason.
(2) Contestants own all rights to their artwork/creations. However, the Organizer will claim the rights for all winning works.
(3) Winners will not exercise “author’s personal rights” against the Organizer, pixiv Inc. as well as pixiv Inc. related parties.
(4) Contestants will not be informed when the selection results are announced. However, the winners will be announced on pixiv's official websites and media. Winners may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts managed by pixiv, or printed in pixiv's publications.
(5) Contestants, regardless if they win or not, may have their entries, comments on their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, displayed at exhibitions, and other magazines or books. pixiv may adapt or minorly edit the work.
(6) Contestants who remove their entries during the contest will forfeit the contest and their work will no longer be accepted as an entry.
(7) The Organizer will not be responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(9) Winners may be contacted separately regarding the selection and the procedure to receive their prize. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after being contacted, they may not be able to receive prizes.
○ Contest Related Inquiries
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here (pixiv Inquiry form
(2) Please include your e-mail address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “ISEKAI: Demon Waifu Illustration Contest 2021" before submitting your inquiry.
(3) Replies will not be given to any phone calls regarding support issues.
(4) Replies will not be given to any questions regarding the Contest results.
○ Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Organizer and the contestants.