The pixiv Novel's Writing Support Project ~ Transportation ~ starts on Tuesday, June 7th, 2022.
This contest accepts novels under a theme that changes periodically.
The theme this round is "Transportation".
We're accepting works featuring any means of transportation you can think of: trains, cars, motorcycles, ropeways, trains, buses, even escalators! Anything that can take you from one place to another.
The story of a camper van road trip, a travel essay, the tale of an unexpected hijacking, a love story born in a train carriage, or the account of that time when you ended up on a pirate ship... Anything goes, as long as it involves transportation!
The winner of the top prize will be chosen via a lottery from among the contestants. They'll be able to receive an item that will prove a valuable ally in their adventures (a choice of: a suitcase, a stationary bike, or a digital camera).
Amazon gift codes for 1000 JPY will be given to 20 runners-up.
From Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 to Sunday, July 31st, 2022, 11:59 pm JST
Novels under the theme "Transportation" will be accepted. The content, genre, and finer details are up to you.
How to Participate:
Please post your novel to pixiv and attach both the project tag "執筆応援PJ22Jun" and at least one sub-theme tag to your novel. You can pick whichever of these tags you like (original text in parenthesis).
Project tag (required): 執筆応援PJ22Jun
Sub-theme tags (select at least one):
(Japanese tag: 乗り物)
(Japanese tag: 駅)
(Japanese tag: 深夜バス)
(Japanese tag: 夜行列車)
(Japanese tag: 船)
There isn't a required format (such as short stories or long forms) on the novel you submit (referred to as "contest entries"). The only requirement is that they be over 500 characters.
* You can enter a series into the contest, but please note that one series will only be one entry in the lottery.
* You can submit as many entries as you like, but understand that one post is one work (including series).
* Incomplete stories are okay.
* If your entry includes content unsuitable for those under 18, please make sure the age restriction is set as R-18 or R-18G.
* Only works posted after Tuesday, June 7th, 2022, midnight JST will be considered for the lottery.
* Contest entries may receive comments and stickers from the pixiv Novels Editorial team's account
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
* Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted.
* Underage contestants should obtain the consent of a guardian before entering.
Works that follow under the conditions listed below may be disqualified.
・Not matching the theme of the contest.
・Not having the contest tag attached.
・Setting the privacy level of your entry to “My pixiv”, “Private”, or "URL restricted".
・Reposting a previous illustration or not submitting your entry within the time frame of the contest.
・Posting your entry before 11:59:59 pm JST on Monday, June 6th, 2022
・Entering the work in other novel-based projects (including contests) on services run by pixiv and by other companies at the same time.
・Violating any of the rules listed in “Contest Terms”.
One winner will have a
choice of one of the following:
- A suitcase
- A stationary bike
- A digital camera
- a 1000 JPY Amazon gift code
* While we're accepting applicants from abroad, Amazon gift cards will only be awarded to applicants within Japan.
* Applicants outside of Japan will be sent pixiv original merchandise instead of a gift code.
* Contestants will not be informed directly when the lottery results are announced. There will be no public announcement of the winner. Only winners will be informed of their victory after the contest period has ended by pixiv's official account, or otherwise the official accounts of pixiv-related services. Please note that if winners do not respond within a certain period of time after being contacted, they may not be able to receive their prizes.
Please read the Application Guidelines on the contest works page for more details.
We look forward to seeing all your entries!
◆The pixiv Novels Editorial team's Twitter