Novels under the theme "happy endings" will be accepted. The form of the content, genre, and finer details are not considered.
Due to the nature of this theme, only completed works can be submitted (works with a clear conclusion to the plot).
Please post your work(s) to pixiv Novels with the project tag, 執筆応援PJ21Apr, and one or more sub-theme tags, which are: ハッピーエンド (happy endings), 人類滅亡 (fall of humanity), 不老不死 (eternal youth), デスゲーム (life-or-death game), 駆け落ち (elopement), and ○○しないと出られない部屋 (room in which you must do something first to be able to leave).
Period of event
Please post your novel to pixiv and attach both the project tag, 執筆応援PJ21Apr, and at least one sub-theme tag to your novel. You can pick whichever of these tags you like (translation in parenthesis).
Project tag (required):
Sub-theme tags (select at least one):
ハッピーエンド ("Happy endings")
人類滅亡 ("Fall of humanity")
不老不死 ("Eternal youth")
デスゲーム ("Life-or-death game")
○○しないと出られない部屋 ("Room in which you must do something first to be able to leave")
There isn't a required format (such as short stories or long forms) on the novel you submit (referred to as "contest entries"). The only requirement is that they be over 500 characters.
- A hot plate
- A 4-person sukiyaki set
- A high-quality couple's pajama set
Winners can select one of the above.
* Brands and sizes are negotiable.
1,000 JPY Amazon gift codes
While we're accepting applicants from abroad, Amazon gift codes are limited to use with Amazon.jp. Winners outside of Japan will be given the option to use another service to receive their 1,000 JPY, with any remittance fees deducted. However, the currency will be limited to JPY.
* You can enter a series into the contest, but please note that one series will only be one entry in the lottery.
* You can submit as many entries as you like, but understand that one post is one work (including series).
* If your entry includes content unsuitable for those under 18, please make sure the age restriction is set as R-18 or R-18G.
* Only works posted after March 9th, 2021 (Tue), 12:00 midnight JST will be considered for the lottery.
○ Eligible Participants
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
* Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted.
* Underage contestants should obtain the consent of a guardian before entering.
○ How to Participate
Please post your novel to pixiv and attach both the project tag, 執筆応援PJ21Apr, and more than one sub-theme tags to your novel. You can pick whichever of these tags you like (translation in parenthesis).
Project tag (required): 執筆応援PJ21Apr
Sub-theme tags (select at least one):ハッピーエンド
("Fall of humanity")不老不死
("Room in which you must do something first to be able to leave")
○ Contest Terms
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them in their entirety before submitting your work (novel).
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, falls into the statements below, you will be disqualified. Additionally, the Company reserves the right to disqualify a work if the work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of pixiv Inc, pixiv users and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works posted before March 8th, 2021 (Mon), 11:59:59 pm JST.
・Works that aren’t suitable for public display are subject to the judgement of this Company (pixiv Inc.)
・Works that are already commercially released or are scheduled to be.
・Works that miss/break a rule or miss a required part will also be disqualified.
・Any other works that this Company (pixiv Inc.) determines to be inappropriate.
(2) Contestants retain all rights to their artwork/creations.
(3) Contestants will not be informed directly when the lottery results are announced. There will be no public announcement of the winner. Only winners will be informed of their victory after the contest period has ended by the official account of pixiv, or otherwise the official accounts of pixiv-related services. Please note that if winners do not respond within a certain period of time after being contacted, they may not be able to receive their prizes.
(4) Contestants, regardless if they win or not, may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest, posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, displayed at exhibitions, and/or printed in magazines or books. pixiv may adapt or minorly edit the work.
(5) Contestants who remove their entries during the contest will be disqualified.
(6) This Company (pixiv Inc.) is not responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other users, regardless of the reason.
(3) pixiv Inc. reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest in case pixiv Inc. deems it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) pixiv Inc. will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including, but not limited, to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence cause during the contest period, regardless of immunity, as determined by the Application Guidelines and disclaimers.
○ Contest Related Support Issues
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here.
(2) Please include your email address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About the pixiv Novel's Writing Support Project"" before submitting your support request.
(3) Inquiries made by phone will not receive a response.
(4) Replies will not be given to questions regarding the lottery results.
○ Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Company and the contestants.