The main theme is "smiles". Choose a sub-theme among the keywords below.
Spring/cherry blossoms/love/dream/graduation/entry to school/friendship/family/little happiness/delicious food
Period of event
Using pixiv's novel posting feature, post your work to pixiv and attach the proper contest tag to enter.
* There are no format restrictions (short story, long story, etc.) on the novel you submit (hereinafter referred to as "the entry").
* You may also enter the contest with a series, but please note that in case you're selected as a winner, one series counts as one entry.
* The content of your entry should be appropriate for all ages.
* You may submit more than one entry, but one submission (e.g. one series) counts as one work.
* You may also enter with a work that uses the term conversion feature.
1,000 JPY Amazon gift code (Winners will be determined by lottery among all the entries posted on pixiv, pixiv Sketch, and VRoid Hub.)
This contest is also open to those residing outside of Japan. However, the Amazon gift code you will be awarded in case of victory can exclusively be used on Amazon Japan. If you reside outside of Japan, you will be awarded a sum of 1,000 JPY (deducted of any remittance fee) via a money remittance service. The currency for remittance will be Japanese yen.
* Winners will be notified by delivery of the prize on or about May 2020.
Only winners will be informed of their victory by the official account of pixiv and pixiv related services. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after pixiv contacts them, they may not be able to receive prizes.
* Your entry may be disqualified if:
・It does not match the theme of the contest.
・It does not have the contest tag attached.
・The privacy level of your entry is set to “My pixiv” or “Private”.
・It is a repost of a previous illustration or is not submitted within the time frame of the contest.
・Rules listed in “Contest Terms” of this document apply to your entry or entries.
○ Eligible participants
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these terms and conditions. (Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted.)
* Contestants under 18 years old should obtain parental consent before entering.○ Selection method
Winners will be determined by lottery among all the entries posted on pixiv, pixiv Sketch, and VRoid Hub.○ Participation method
Upload the illustrations to pixiv and attach the proper contest tag to enter.
Tag:SMILEBLOOM○ Contest Terms
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them before submitting your work (novel).
(1) If your entry, including your nickname, falls into the statements below, you will be disqualified. The Company reserves the right to disqualify a work if the work is determined to be in violation of the rules even after having been selected as a winner.
・Works that violate the ownership rights of pixiv Inc, pixiv users and other third parties; as well as intellectual property rights, including copyright, privilege, trust, and other privacy rights.
・Works that contain obscenity, torture, discrimination, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Works that aren’t public or are unsuitable for public display will have The Company (pixiv Inc.) decide if it qualifies for the contest or not.
・Any works based on existing work/goods, works/goods scheduled to be released, works/goods that have already been submitted for other contests, or works/goods that have already won other contests.
・Works that miss/break a rule or miss a required part will also be disqualified.
・Works that The Company (pixiv Inc.) finds disagreeable with adequate reason may also be disqualified.
(2) Contestants own all right to their artwork/creations.
(3) Contestants will not be informed when the selection results are announced. There will be no public announcement of the winner. Only winners will be informed of their victory by the official account of pixiv and pixiv related services. If winners do not respond within a certain period of time after pixiv contacts them, they may not be able to receive prizes.
(4) Contestants, regardless if they win or not, may have their entries, pixiv nicknames, and other related items to the contest, posted to pixiv’s official Twitter, Facebook, and other social network accounts, displayed at exhibitions, and other magazines or books. pixiv may adapt or minorly edit the work.
(5) Contestants who remove their entries during the contest will forfeit the contest and their work will no longer be accepted as an entry.
(6) The Company (pixiv Inc.) will not be responsible for any charges contestants may incur during the submission of their entry.
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) The Company (pixiv Inc.) will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other users, regardless of the reason.
(3) The Company (pixiv Inc.) reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest in case pixiv Inc. deems it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) The Company (pixiv Inc.) will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including but not limited to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) Determined by the true terms and conditions including the disclaimers, the Company (pixiv Inc.) will be not responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity.○ Contest Related Support Issues
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your email address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About SMILE BLOOM novel Category"" before submitting your support request.
(3) Replies will not be given to any phone calls regarding support issues.
(4) Replies will not be given to any questions regarding the contest results.○ Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Company (pixiv Inc.) and the contestants.