pixiv Novels Writing Support Project ~ Social Media ~ is a work posting event looking for novels around the theme of "social media".
Your submission will serve as an acceptance of the terms outlined throughout this entire document. Please be sure you have read them in their entirety before submitting your work (novel).
・pixiv Inc.: the operator of this contest.
・pixiv: the service provided by pixiv Inc. https://www.pixiv.net/
・This contest: pixiv Novels Writing Support Project ~ Social Media ~
・Application Guidelines: pixiv Novels Writing Support Project ~ Social Media ~ Application Guidelines
・Contestants: pixiv users participating in this contest
・Entry: Work posted for this contest
2. How to Participate
Create work(s) according to the theme of the contest and post them to pixiv with the contest tag attached within the contest period.
Novels with the theme "Social Media" are accepted. The content, genre, and other finer details are not considered.
・Entry format/contest tag
Please post your novel to pixiv and attach both the project tag "執筆応援PJ22Mar" and at least one sub-theme tag to your novel. You can pick whichever of these tags you like (original text in parenthesis).
Project tag (required): 執筆応援PJ22Mar
Sub-theme tags (select at least one):SocialMedia
(Japanese tag: SNS)Encounter
(Japanese tag: 出会い)Friendship
(Japanese tag: 友情)MeetingIRL
(Japanese tag: オフ会)DoublePersonality
(Japanese tag: 二重人格)ScaryStory
(Japanese tag: 怖い話)
Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 〜 Saturday, April 30th, 2022, 11:59 pm JST
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these Application Guidelines.
* Underage contestants should obtain the consent of a guardian before entering.
* Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted.
Lottery (1 winner)
A choice of one of the following:
- A premium dinnerware set
- A gaming keyboard
- A leg of dry-cured ham
Lottery (20 winners)
・A 1000 JPY Amazon gift code (approx. 10 USD)
An impartial lottery will be carried out by pixiv to determine the winning works.
・Lottery results announcements
Lottery winners will be notified directly by pixiv Novel's official account after the contest has closed. Please note that if winners do not respond within a certain period of time after being contacted, they may not be able to receive their prizes.
* Contestants will not be informed directly when the lottery results are announced.
* There will be no public announcement of the winner.
4. Contest Terms
(1) Contestants from outside of Japan are welcome to participate. Please make sure to read the Application Guidelines.
(2) Amazon gift cards will only be awarded to winners within Japan. Winners outside of Japan will be sent pixiv original merchandise instead of a gift code.
・About Eligibility for the Lottery
Any entries (including and not limited to the entry's title, caption, series description, tags, nicknames, etc.) that fall under any of the conditions outlined below will be considered ineligible for the lottery. Works that are ineligible for the lottery may be removed from any page related to the contest at pixiv's discretion. Furthermore, if a work is found to fall under any of the conditions outlined below after the contest has ended, it may be removed from the lottery and prizes may be returned.
① Entries that do not follow the posting procedure and conditions outlined in "How to Participate"
(The following are select examples and do not represent the complete scope of these conditions)
・Not matching the theme of the contest.
・Not having the contest tag attached.
・Setting the privacy level of your entry to “My pixiv”, “Private”, or "URL restricted".
・Reposting a previous illustration or not submitting your entry within the time frame of the contest.
・Posting your entry before 11:59:59 pm JST on Monday, March 7th, 2022.
・Works posted by companies or multiple creators
・Works posted by underage contestants without the consent of a guardian
・Entering the work in other novel-based projects (including contests) on services run by pixiv and by other companies at the same time.
・Violating any of the rules listed in “Contest Terms”.
(The following are examples and do not represent the complete scope of these conditions)
・Works that contain obscenity, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that unfairly discriminate or slander our company or third parties, promote unfair discrimination against third parties, or damage their credibility.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Multiple postings of the same work.
・Works created via third party commission, or via pixiv Requests (including request rewards).
・Any works based on existing work/goods, works/goods scheduled to be released, works/goods that have already been submitted for other contests, or works/goods that have already won other contests
・Works that violate the Application Guidelines
・When the contestant does not respond within a set time frame after being contacted by pixiv.
・Works that pixiv Inc. finds disagreeable with adequate reason may also be disqualified.
Copyrights of the posted work belong to the contestant who originally uploaded the entry.
・Handling of information
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other users, regardless of the reason.
(3) pixiv Inc. reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest in case pixiv Inc. deems it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) pixiv Inc. will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including, but not limited, to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity, as determined by the Application Guidelines and disclaimers.
(6) pixiv will not cover any expenses borne by contestants' participation in this contest.
6. Contest Related Support Issues
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your email address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About the pixiv Novel's Writing Support Project" before submitting your support request.
(3) Inquiries made by phone will not receive a response.
(4) Replies will not be given to questions regarding the lottery results.
7. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Company and the contestants.