・pixiv Inc.: the operator of this contest.
・pixiv: the service provided by pixiv Inc. https://www.pixiv.net/
・This contest: pixiv Novel Writing Support Project ~ Spring ~
・Application Guidelines: pixiv Novels Writing Support Project ~ Spring ~ Application Guidelines
・Contestants: pixiv users participating in this contest
・Entry: Work posted for this contest
2. How to Participate
Create work(s) according to the theme of the contest and post them to pixiv with the contest tag attached within the contest period.
Novels with the theme of "Spring" are accepted. Otherwise, content, genre, and other details such as setting, etc. are up to the contestant.
・Entry format/contest tag
Please post your novel to pixiv and attach both the project tag #執筆応援PJ23Apr and at least one sub-theme tag to your novel. You can pick whichever of these tags you like (original text in parenthesis).
Project tag (required): 執筆応援PJ23Apr
Sub-theme tags (select at least one):Spring
(Japanese tag: 春)Graduation
(Japanese tag: 卒業)New school
(Japanese tag: 入学)New chapter in life
(Japanese tag: 新生活)Moving
(Japanese tag: 引っ越し)Challenges
(Japanese tag: 挑戦)
There are no requirements in the format (short form, long form) of novels submitted. (Hereinafter, "submitted works"). The minimum word count is 500, and there is no maximum word count.
*You can submit works in series format, but each series will be treated as a single piece of work for the lottery.
*You can submit as many works as you like, but only a single work (one serial, one series) will be considered for the lottery. (You cannot post the same work multiple times. Additionally, posting multiple works will not increase your chances of being selected.)
*You can submit incomplete works.
*Please select "R-18" or "R-18G" if your works contain contents unsuitable for those under the age of 18.
*Only works that have been posted after Tuesday, April 4th, 2023, midnight JST will be eligible for the lottery.
From Tuesday, April 4th to Wednesday, May 31st, 2023, 11:59 pm JST
This contest is open to all registered pixiv users who have read and agreed to these Application Guidelines.
*Underage contestants should obtain the consent of a guardian before entering.
*Entries from companies and multiple creators will not be accepted.
Lottery (1 winner)
A choice of one of the following:
- A wristwatch
- A deluxe enamel cooking pot
- A suitcase
Lottery (20 winners)
・A 1000 JPY Amazon gift code
An impartial lottery will be carried out by pixiv to determine the winning works.
・Lottery results announcements
Lottery winners will be notified directly by pixiv Novel's official account after the contest has closed. Please note that if winners do not respond within a certain period of time after being contacted, they may not be able to receive their prizes.
* Contestants will not be informed directly when the lottery results are announced.
* There will be no public announcement of the winner.
4. Contest Terms
(1) Contestants from outside of Japan are welcome to participate. Please make sure to read the Application Guidelines.
(2) Amazon gift cards will only be awarded to winners within Japan. Winners outside of Japan will be sent pixiv original merchandise instead of a gift code.
・About Eligibility for the Lottery
Any entries (including and not limited to the entry's title, caption, series description, tags, nicknames, etc.) that fall under any of the conditions outlined below will be considered ineligible for the lottery. Works that are ineligible for the lottery may be removed from any page related to the contest at pixiv's discretion. Furthermore, if a work is found to fall under any of the conditions outlined below after the contest has ended, it may be removed from the lottery and prizes may be returned.
① Entries that do not follow the posting procedure and conditions outlined in "How to Participate"
(The following are select examples and do not represent the complete scope of these conditions)
・Not matching the theme of the contest.
・Not having the contest tag attached.
・Setting the privacy level of your entry to “My pixiv”, “Private”, or "URL restricted".
・Reposting a previous illustration or not submitting your entry within the time frame of the contest.
・Posting your entry before 11:59:59 pm JST on Monday, April 3rd, 2023.
・Works posted by companies or multiple creators
・Works posted by underage contestants without the consent of a guardian
・Entering the work in other novel-based projects (including contests) on services run by pixiv and by other companies at the same time.
・Violating any of the rules listed in “Contest Terms”.
(The following are examples and do not represent the complete scope of these conditions)
・Works that contain obscenity, explicit sexual themes, and other elements that are potentially offensive.
・Works that unfairly discriminate or slander our company or third parties, promote unfair discrimination against third parties, or damage their credibility.
・Works that violate public order and morals.
・Multiple postings of the same work.
・Works created via third-party commission, or via pixiv Requests (including request rewards).
・Any works based on existing work/goods, works/goods scheduled to be released, works/goods that have already been submitted for other contests, or works/goods that have already won other contests
・Works that violate the Application Guidelines
・When the contestant does not respond within a set time frame after being contacted by pixiv.
・Works that pixiv Inc. finds disagreeable with adequate reason may also be disqualified.
Copyrights of the posted work belong to the contestant who originally uploaded the entry.
・Handling of information
(1) Contestants assume responsibility for their own submissions.
(2) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any disputes that may happen between the contestants and other users, regardless of the reason.
(3) pixiv Inc. reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest in case pixiv Inc. deems it necessary for any reason, including system maintenance.
(4) pixiv Inc. will not be liable for any damages incurred by the contestants, including, but not limited, to contest interruption, suspension, or cancellation.
(5) pixiv Inc. will not be responsible for any direct damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence caused during the contest period, regardless of immunity, as determined by the Application Guidelines and disclaimers.
(6) pixiv will not cover any expenses borne by contestants' participation in this contest.
6. Contest Related Support Issues
(1) If you have any questions or feedback about the contest, feel free to contact us here
(2) Please include your email address, nickname, inquiry, and the subject “About the pixiv Novel's Writing Support Project" before submitting your support request.
(3) Inquiries made by phone will not receive a response.
(4) Replies will not be given to questions regarding the lottery results.
7. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contest and its terms shall be governed by Japanese law. Furthermore, the Tokyo District Court shall be the mutually-agreed court for any proceedings, with jurisdiction for the preliminary trial in the case of any disputes over contest terms or matters between the Company and the contestants.